Desktop as a Service
"70% of mobile professionals will conduct their work on personal smart devices by 2018." - Gartner
Desktop As a Service (DaaS), also known as VDI, replaces physical desktop computers with virtual machines (VMs) that exist on servers in ITSM’s highly secure data centres. Your mobile workforce can access their data securely from any internet connection on a wide range of devices: desktop, laptop, tablet and mobile.
Desktops can be customised based on persona – around specific job levels or functions. Today, many factors such as acceptance of cloud, consumerisation of IT, mobile workforce, and ubiquitous internet access are drivers for businesses to consider DaaS solutions in their workforce.
DaaS offers several benefits over traditional desktop computing:
- Data is more secure and backed up regularly, keeping information safe and accessible.
- Access through a client on multiple devices and platforms.
- Thin and zero client devices consume much less energy than traditional PCs.
- Continued safe operation of critical Windows XP units.
- Offsite connectivity to organisation resources without VPN.
- Swing offices and flexible workspaces are easier to setup, maintain, and reconfigure.
- Software is patched automatically without the need for user intervention.
- New software can be deployed quickly and with minimal interruption to end-users.
- Faster onboarding and offboarding of devices and users.
- Ideal strategic path to BYOD.
For any questions relating to DaaS or BYOD, please Contact Us today.